Wednesday, January 15, 2014

So... Dan's an interesting fella...

Hello everybody!

It's been a few days and we have much to tell! We escaped the frigid wasteland of Minneapolis and have been enjoying the warm weather in Charlotte, NC for the last few days.

We have already performed for roughly 2900 students, and our show seems to be a hit! Today, we even had a teacher put away her iPad games so she could watch! Success!

In other news, Dan has done what I thought impossible. He has IMPRESSED me. You read that right. Let me tell you a brief story.

We had just finished our first set of performances Monday, and we were both quite thirsty. We stopped at a gas station. Well, Dan decided to just fill his water bottle instead of buying a drink. I, however, bought an excellent Strawberry Kiwi juice drink. As I approached the counter to pay, the woman behind the counter raised an eyebrow. She says to me, "You with that other fella who was wanderin' about in here?"

I wasn't sure where she was going with this, but I responded, "Uh. Yeah."

"Well, you tell him the water's not free--50 cents a cup. But I'll give it to him this time, because he was walkin' with confidence."

There you have it, folks. Dan's confidence got him free water. I'm totes jealous of his mad skills.

So confident. Even Gollum thinks so.

We also took our trio to go see the movie Her, which we all agreed was FANTASTIC. Really well done. Highly recommended. Gollum snuck in some cheap candy for us... Don't ask where he hid it...
Aren't we just the prettiest trio you've ever seen?

I photo-bombed Gollum!
Now, there's one more interesting development that has occurred. When we went into our first school Monday, we were signing in and had a slight problem. You see, Dan's name got a red flag in the computer for sexual predators. That's right, Dan has been flagged as a potential pedophile. Um. Awkward. He no longer impresses me at all...

But no, actually it's because some jerk named Daniel Snott or Daniel Otter or Ottoman or maybe it was Snotterman was flagged and apparently criminals are dumb and often use abbreviated forms of their names when they change their names. So, I'm hoping Dan isn't secretly a  Snotterman...

Aww, he's too cute to be a Snotterman

There you have it folks!

Next stop: OUTDOOR DRAMA AUDITIONS!
Kowabunga, dudes!

1 comment:

  1. These blog posts are great! Keep posting, you both make me chuckle. :) Rock on.

    ReplyDelete